The online Certificate in Hand and Upper Quarter Rehabilitation is designed for practicing clinicians in physical therapy and occupational therapy who wish to gain advanced understanding of the upper quarter, including the cervical spine, shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand. The hand therapy certificate program consists of four courses offered in an online and weekend format and can easily be completed in one year. After successfully completing the four required courses, students receive a certificate of completion.
Program director Dr. Jane Fedorczyk, PT, PhD, CHT, ATC, is a leading authority on hand therapy. She has directed and taught the hand and upper quarter rehabilitation program for 15 years and her work has been published in renowned journals and textbooks.
The Hand therapy course curriculum is based on the most recent hand therapy practice analysis conducted by the Hand Therapy Certification Commission (HTCC). The HTCC oversees the certification process for qualifying occupational and physical therapists as "certified hand therapists" or CHTs. This Certificate of Advanced Practice in Hand and Upper Quarter Rehabilitation is recognized by HTCC as a resource to assist with preparation for the CHT examination.
Drexel's hand therapy online program offers:
- Superior pass rate on the CHT exam
- Online coursework integrated with weekend laboratory sessions
- Lab activities include cadaver anatomy, orthotic fabrication skills, and examination techniques
- A curriculum infused with the latest technology for online interaction
- Coursework that may be applied to other degree programs
- A two-year option available to ease financial resources and time constraints
Fall Deadline: August,1st
For questions about the admissions requirements, please contact:
For questions regarding the course of study and curriculum, please contact:
Jane Fedorczyk, PT, PhD, CHT