Based on biopsychosocial model, it is intended that students be able to use advanced theoretical/practical knowledge and suitable tools for performing and providing excellent care applied on many upper limb dysfunctions, reaching the following objectives:
- Develop the ability to critically evaluate and reflect about practice in hand therapy;
- Critically review the theory behind the hand therapy;
- Contribute to develop knowledge in this specific area.
- Develop understanding of research methods;
- Develop personally and professionally;
- Make improvements in clinical practice and research in hand therapy;
- Discuss mechanisms of traumatic injury and illness in the upper limb;
- Discuss independently and systematically, as the various therapeutic interventions can support and improve the function, activity and participation after traumatic injury and illness in the upper limb.